September 16, 2014

Wild and Free

Jesus makes me brave.  Jesus makes me strong.  Jesus makes me free.

One of my favorite things about following Christ is the ability to be all in.  I don't have to have plans all laid out, I just have to be willing to trust that He does.  I can jump, feel the rush of the air as it swooshes past my ears, knowing He will open the parachute just in time.


My flesh knows fear.  Through Jesus, I have confidence.  My flesh worries I'll fail.  Through Jesus,  I know that all things will work together for good.  My flesh hears the negativity from other people.  Through Jesus, I am able to choose joy.

It was for freedom that Christ set us free.  Freedom from fear, freedom from worry, freedom from whatever weight is holding us down.


I like to be happy.  I've been told I poop rainbows.  I love to look on the bright side.  It's kind of my hobby.  I know there are people who think this move is crazy.  I have been told I'll never make it.  I know there are people who seriously question our judgement because we don't have a long term plan, or because selling all our stuff and moving 1000 miles isn't something that people expect. We are learning that less is more, simple is better, and normal isn't necessarily wild or free.  We've learned to walk through a door when the Lord opens it, not to wait around until we are ready.  What is the purpose of faith if we know the outcome?  I believe the Lord is most honored when we don't have everything planned, but rather when we move forward and leave the planning up to Him.

There have been times when I've let fear keep me from trying.  Fear of the failure, fear of looking like I don't have it all together, fear of embarrassing the people I love.  But I'm learning that success is in the trying.  Success is giving it your all when you feel the urge to hold back.  There is no failure, unless maybe it's just never trying.  There's just a different route that the one that was anticipated.


Taking this step of faith has produced so much freedom.  Selling all my possessions has produced freedom from selfishness.  Waiting on the Lord has produced freedom from worry.  Moving when the Lord says move has produced freedom from the illusion of control.

Faith in Jesus can take an ordinary life and turn it into an adventure.  Being wild and free starts with saying yes.  Moving when He moves.  Anyone can be extraordinary.  Anyone can live an extraordinary life.  The risk is great.  But so is the reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment